Friday, January 20, 2012

Back in Black (and white): Not sure if want...


Huh. Wow. Honestly don't know how to feel about this:

Wizards Is Reprinting the AD&D Core Books! (via wired.com)

(Old news, I know.)

On the one hand, you're supporting AD&D, and the Gary memorial as well. On the other hand, I was pretty ok with never giving WotC any money ever again, ever. And the irony is, they're not reprinting Unearthed Arcana (the one AD&D core book that REALLY needed a reprint, sans shitty bindings).

I mean, I want new (NEW) AD&D manuals. Don't get me wrong. And I like throwing in for support of the Gary statue (as long as it has gem eyes and is sufficiently trapped to discourage vandals). Honestly weighing the value of preordering and making sure I get some of these, and waiting and seeing in case the binding /printing sucks. They're at least leaving the contents alone, all original art & text in glorious black and white. (Hoping they're not all glossy stock, though.) And then there's the "attractive new cover design". *rolleyes* We'll see how THAT turns out (with WotC's track record, predicting lots of piercings and tribal tattoos, possibly a halfblind feycursed gelatinous cube weremonk fighting robots and bondage elves). 'Course, I could always sell'em if they're lame.

- DYA

No comments:

Post a Comment